Thank You Werner.

I tried as you said CBox to get the actual dimensions of the Glyph.
 FT_Glyph_Get_CBox(glyph, *FT_GLYPH_BBOX_PIXELS*, &bbox);
        fprintf( stderr, "bbox = [%ld %ld %ld %ld]\n",
            bbox.xMin, bbox.yMin, bbox.xMax, bbox.yMax );

I got the follwoing for Glyph g and Glyph a respectivelly.

bbox = [0 3 12 14]

.......****.
.....*******
....****..*.
...***...**.
..***.******
..**.*******
.**..*...***
.**......**.
.***...****.
.*********..
...*****....

bbox = [0 2 10 14]

.......**.
......***.
.....****.
....******
...***.***
...**..***
..********
..********
.***...**.

Where in in Set_Char_size i gave character size as 12.I thought i will be
getting the height of 12 pixels irrespective of the character.
Also,dont know why am i getting just a empty row at the end of glyph "A" and
one column for glyph "G" at the beginning?
Does it too corresponds to the glyph's bit map buffer ?

Could you please explain me if my understanding is wrong?

Thanks a lot...

-Sam