I'm only trying one font, it's encrypted with OpenSSL which is why I'm
using FT_Open_Face, to stream from SSL's decrypt I/O stream... One specific
thing I don't understand for example is that it seems between each and
every substantial read call, a read call with `count` and `offset` both 0
are called, and i'm not 100% sure what should be happening in that case.