Hi.

The truetype bytecode interpreter of the Freetype appears to have the
following problems depending on the version.
- v35: MS cleartype font(ex. Consolas) rendering is ugly.
- v40: MS legacy font rendering is ugly. Some fonts return the different
glyph metrics with the Windows GDI(ex. Tahoma).

I'm going to try the following solution to solve this problem at the
same runtime.

pseudo code:
---
  LOCK();
  gasp_version = get_gasp_version( font );
  interptreter_version = gasp_version ? 40 : 35
  FT_Property_Set( ... , &interpreter_version );
  FT_Load_Glyph( ...);
UNLOCK();
---

In my test, it seems to work well. Is there any problem with this solution?

And are there any plans to solve this problem at the Freetype?