Dear Sylvain,

> Which svg renderer will be used? Which XML parser will be used? Because, that
> could add heavy SDK deps to freetype.

Very very good point, I sympathize you strongly.

At present, I don't suggest to link SVG renderer to libfreetype directly.
For sbix color font support, libpng is directly linked to libfreetype,
but I suggest to make libfreetype + SVG renderer collaborate by a callback
system.

If the users of SVG-OT want to use SVG-OT with the application
which already have their own SVG renderer (aslike web browsers or
other application using WebKit as layout engine), I hope if they
can use existing SVG renderers by a callback system.

> libxml2 is massive and heavy, and we can start to feel the weight of
> expat.

Indeed. I don't suggest to link libxml2 to libfreetype directly,
because it's huge as you say. In my understanding, expat can parse
XML, but the clients have to many things by themselves. I don't
suggest to invent yet another XML parser for FreeType and maintain
as a part of FreeType.

Regards,
mpsuzuki