Hello,

I experience fonts rendered with the newer versions of FreeType as
looking pale/'washed out' and somehow blurrier on my low DPI screens
compared to their rendering with FreeType version 2.6.1 (with
FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING enabled).

My fontconfig settings are slight hinting, rgb subpixel structure and
default lcdfilter. I exclusively use TrueType-Fonts.

Is there a way to make the newer versions of Freetype produce an output
that is virtually identical to that of FreeType version 2.6.1 (with
FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING enabled) in regard to font contrast
and sharpness?

Peter