On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 02:03:10PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> I found a small bug today. Before today the background was background
> images + rectangles. If the background changes, all objects who are
> inside the changed area will be redrawn on a tmp surface. BUT the
> background image is always in that area, therefore I blitted it to the
> tmp surface all the time. If you look at osd.py, you will see that
> loadimage always returns a transparent surface (until today, I just
> changed that).

I'm seeing an improvement now; though the idle bar flickers a little
now. On a related note, since we're always drawing multiple things on
surfaces, could we lock the surface until we refresh the screen? I
noticed on the pygame site that since most operations lock/unlock a
lot, this can slow graphics down dramatically...

> Now this should be fixed, try again. Right now, full text menus are
> very fast, blue_round2 main menu is slower because of the changing
> watermark and image view listings are the slowest. But everything
> should be faster than before.

Like I said, it seems better now; I will probably make some minor
changes to the blue_round2 skin but I think I can work with it now.

Aubin