On Tuesday 06 April 2004 03:54, Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:50:41PM +0200, den_RDC wrote:
> > Hmm surprising as Konqueror and Safari are supposed to share almost the
> > same html engine (Khtml).
>
> It's either a bug in Konqueror, or a relaxation of the rules in
> Safari... if no one else is seeing this in Mozilla or IE, I can't
> really do much without more of an idea as to why it's happening. I can
> only test in Safari, IE5 Mac, Mozilla, and IE5 and IE6

Well i'll try to get some more information on this problem, but haven't got a
lot off time atm (and not a lot off html/css/js knowledge either).

> > Recursing through the strings and checking if a character has an integer
> > "value" bigger then 128, and if it's the case replasing it with &#xxx; ?
> > Or you could just dump utf8 straight into the webpage and set the
> > encoding=utf8 so the web browser knows it's utf8.
>
> Not all browsers support the entire UTF charset, but I just checked
> the charset in the content type declaration in Freevo:
>
> self.res += '\t<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content= "text/html;
> charset='+ config.encoding +'"/>\n'
>
> So, it could be depending on your encoding right now. Could you try
> replacing the + config.encoding + with 'utf8' and see if that works in
> your browser? If so, we could just always use UTF since modern
> browsers should support it.

Changing that didn't help ( i tried UTF-8 and utf8 ). I also did another test,
wich was hardcoding config.encoding to UTF-8 (in config.py) and that did
work. So there must be some conversion taking place somewhere in the
webserver i guess.