Dave,

I've spent a lot of time trying to get mp1e to record properly outside
of freevo.  I've never been able to get the a/v sync correct in mp1e.
If you look at the chatter on nvrec-devel on sourceforge, you'll find
this has always been a problem.  The claim is that if you ever
get a/v sync to work, you're just damn lucky.

I have a post in there and the developer gave me some pointers
as to where in the code things could be hacked.  I struck out.

I did find that using ALSA instead of OSS had some improvement,
but it eventually when out of sync.

Did you ever get mp1e from CVS to have good sync?  If you
were using an older version of mp1e, my only suggestion is
to go back.

I starting using nvrec from CVS instead of mp1e, and the a/v
sync is perfect.  Too bad because mp1e is really fast, has
good quality, and the file sizes are small relative to other
encoders.

Jim Duda