I'm using a 450Mhz P3 with ATI MACH64 AGP card.  I'm working on playing
DVDs.  I can now succesfully play DVDs using freevo/mplayer using the Xv
video driver coupled with MTRR support.  mplayer dvd://1, etc plays my
dvd just ducky averaging between 50-60% CPU load on my little P3. I can
also play DVDS via freezo using the DVD Title menu.

I'm now trying to get freevo/xine to play the DVDS.  I'd like to take advantage
of the nice DVD menus which xine provides.

When I use xine -p dvd://, the dvd starts playing, but quickly skips through
a dozen or so sequences of video/audio before getting to the menu.  When
selecting any of the menu entries, xine rapidly plays through the video/audio
and returns to the menu; this all happens in the matter of a couple of seconds.
I'm getting many liba52 warning messages, don't know if this is normal or not.

The console log is below.  I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced
this behavior.  If mplayer can play DVDs on my P3 without any problems,
should I expect the same from xine?

libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 1-rc1 from http://xine.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
libdvdnav: DVD Title: World Champion Patriots
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: c010de9e
libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative): World Champion Patriots
libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/root/.dvdnav/World Champion Patriots.map'
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00c00000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6

libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x0000012f
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x000086f6
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x0000c904
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
load_plugins: plugin dxr3-spudec failed to instantiate itself.
libspudec:init_plugin called
liba52: a52_block error
liba52: a52_block error
liba52: a52_block error