I had the same problem.  I ended up rebinding the mplayer
keys using the mplayer input.conf file to match the freevo
bindings.  This ways, the keys always work the same regardless
of whether or not a video is playing.

Jim

"Pferdekaemper, Thorsten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Hi,
> I have come across a problem I could not track down yet. It seems like
mplayer does not really run in slave mode when playing movies, bit it does
when playing music.

> Normally when playing a movie with freevo, I could use the "+" and "-"
keys on the numpad to increase or decrease the volume. Since a few days, I
have to press "*" and "/" to do so. When playing music, "+" and "-" works
fine.
> It just seems that (when playing movies) mplayer catches the keyboard
commands directly instead of freevo catching them and sending the commands
to mplayer. (This is what I assume now, I am not sure if my theories are
correct.)
> I have switched on the debug output for mplayer. The command line being
called contains "-slave".
> (I have installed freevo a week ago using the debian package.)
>
> In case nobody knows about this problem: Could someone point me in the
right direction to track down this problem?