Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 October 2006 19:11, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
>
>>> Have you got lsdvd installed? It's used in freevo to read the disc
>>> structure.
>>>
>> Fair question, but it seems I had done that.
>> I would guess that without it xine would fail.
>>

>> SPRESSO freevo # which lsdvd
>> /usr/bin/lsdvd
>> SPRESSO freevo #
>>

> from the logs...
> Oct  2 14:11:33 SPRESSO ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
> Oct  2 14:11:34 SPRESSO ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
> Oct  2 14:12:26 SPRESSO hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady
> SeekComplet
> e Error }
> Oct  2 14:12:26 SPRESSO hdc: command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand
> LastFail
> edSense=0x05 }
> Oct  2 14:12:26 SPRESSO ide: failed opcode was: unknown
> Oct  2 14:12:26 SPRESSO end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
> Oct  2 14:12:26 SPRESSO isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hdc,
> iso_blknum=16,
> block=16
>
> there are plenty of { DriveReady SeekComplete Error } and { AbortedCommand
> LastFailedSense=0x05 }
>
> so I guess that this will help someone to help me.
Copy protected DVD, some dvd manufacturers add bad sectors to the DVD so
they won't play in PC DVD drives. I you have a DVD that is more than a
couple of years old try this one.

If you've tried several DVDs and the all fail then either your DVD drive
is bad or something wrong with your kernel config.