Karl-
  They do have to make the GPLed code available. If they have made any
mod's to the code to get it to work on their hardware then those have
to be released. If they have written all new code under a different
lic. they can keep that. I just want to be able to get what I am
legally entitled too. I have to do the same thing when I am
distributing packages of GPLed code. That is why there is also a
source directory on my website for everything I distribute. As to RH
kernel patches those are binary modules ( like nvidia or ATI, Yes
there is a disubute about this but I fall on teh pragmatic side) not
actual source patches to the kernel. Any source patch to the kernel
would have to be GPLed. I suspect that the LCD driver is a binary
module or userland code, but till you have the source or a good distro
in this case,it is kind of hard to tell.
   If they have in fact used a propietary OS that gets load by
isolinux, that is fine too. ALl they have to do in that case is make
the isolinux source available.

Evan