mat holton wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I want to buy a hardware encoder card for freevo but also one that will
> work with MythTV. As I understand it, freevo doesn't work with a central
> recording server? Am I wrong?

AFAIK, freevo has network support and a record server, never used this
feature as my wireless bandwidth is too small to stream MPEG-2 files.

> I want my home network to contain a dedicated machine for TV-recordings.

A Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150, would be a good starting point for a
dedicated recording machine. It records high quality MPEG-2 directly, no
need to convert to an AVI format. But you still can if required.

With Freevo2 then a dual-tuner card could be used.

> any help or ideas?

Any best message generate a lot of options, which always make
interesting reading.

I'd like to know the best PCI-E video card that support high quality TV-out.