Evan Hisey wrote:
> Duncan-
>> Personally I think the xine developers are not being logical, I don't
>> see why they should disable --no-lirc when lirc has not been built-in.
> Agreed, but that is what they have done.

I think they should change the help messages but silently ignore
--no-lirc when lirc support is not built in.

>> I really doesn't make much sense to have a xine built without lirc and
>> then use freevo with lirc enabled. So I would suggest that xine is
>> rebuilt with lirc support.

> This not really needed as Freevo is handling the lirc commands for
> xine. Given that Freevo has to send a --no-lirc to xine to disable
> built in lirc support adding lirc support to xine just get it disabled
> is what seems odd.

Ah yes, I was forgetting that freevo sends commands via stdin to xine,
so xine doesn't need lirc support.

So the lirc support for xine is completely independent from using lirc
in freevo, so as you have correctly done, it has now become a
configuration setting.

Duncan