Jim Duda wrote:
> If I rip an audio CDROM using the cdbackup plugin, I cannot use the
> coversearch to fetch an album cover.  For some reason I don't get the
> coversearch menu item.  If I use some other method for ripping the
> CDROM, then I get a coversearch menu item.  There is something odd about
> how cdbackup creates the ripped directory, but I haven't been able to
> figure it out.
>
> I had the same problem in release 1.5.4.
>
> Has anyone else seen this issue?

Yes I have, sometimes there is a menu item and sometime there isn't.

Have you tried setting DEBUG=2 in your local_conf.py?

I have done a quick scan of the code and it says that it requires an
artist and an album. If you would like to to turn on this debug level it
may explain why the coversearch is disabled for a particular item.

The only thing I can think of is that your using an odd CD_RIP_PN_PREF
setting, I use this one and it seems to work.

CD_RIP_PN_PREF = '%(artist)s/%(album)s/%(track)s - %(song)s'

Duncan