Adam,
I'm very interested in this feature.  I have downloaded and compiled
dvbstreamer, however, I'm unable to figure out how to get the software to work
with my pcHDTV 5500 card, using ATSC.  I suspect that dvbstreamer doesn't
support at ATSC channels.conf file.

My channels.conf file entries look like this ...
WGBH-HD:503028615:8VSB:49:52:3
WGBH-SD:503028615:8VSB:65:68:4
WCVB-DT:509028615:8VSB:49:52:3

However, attempted to "select WGBH-HD" in dvbstreamer doesn't work.

Jim
  "Adam Charrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  In my haste to press send I forgot to add a few things.

  In VideoGroups for your dvb adapters set the vdev to the number of the
adapter,
  ie if you are using /dev/dvb/adapter0 you would have something like.

  VIDEO_GROUPS = [
      VideoGroup(vdev='0',
                         desc='Watching TV',
                         group_type='dvb')]

  Also the controls for live pause are the normal pause/ffwd/rewind buttons.

  I haven't tested this with other types of devices, so it probably won't work
with other type of video group.

  Rewind and Fast forward do work, although xine takes some time to resync to
the stream (anything upto 30 seconds),
  not idea, I'm looking into this.

  Cheers

  Adam

  Live Search: Better results, fast Try it now!