I'm thinking about upgrading my Shuttle XPC Media Player from an SB51 to
the latest SG33G5B.

With the SB51, I run with a single core 2.4G Intel P4, no
hyperthreading.  For video, I'm using Nvidia FX6200.  All in all it
works quite well, albeit I have occasional video stutter when playing
HDTV content with xvmc using both mplayer and xine.  I'm only using
45-50 % of the CPU whenever playing HDTV with xine or mplayer.  So, I
don't think I have a processor bandwidth issue.  The video stutter is
rather annoying, but I deal with it.

The SG33G5B comes with an integrated Intel GMA 3100 graphics engine
which an HDMI port.  Can anyone confirm if the GMA 3100 works well with
Xorg, xvmc, mplayer, and xine?  Any issues?

The SG33G5B also comes with Realtek ALC888DD audio, which I want to use
the digital SPDIF output.  Can anyone confirm if this audio chipset
works well with alsa, spdif, mplayer and xine?

Thanks,

Jim