On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:27:51 +0000
Adam Charrett <a...@dvbstreamer.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2012-01-22 at 11:48 +0100, Paul Sijben wrote:
> > I am referring to IP TV technology. (basically multicasts).
> >
> > I am planning to simply fire off vlc to record a steam (vlc
> > --run-time=3600 UDP://@123.123.123.123:1234 --sout
> > file/ts:filename.ts vlc://quit).  In that way I initially do not
> > even need to implement Stop :-)
> >
> Ahh, but you'll still need to implement stop as if the program is
> removed from the schedule you'll need to cancel the recording.
>
> If the stream is an MPEG2 TS over UDP or RTP you don't even need to
> use vlc, python would be more than capable of receiving the stream and
> saving it to disk.

I have a networked tuner (HDHomerun)
the stream is identified as UDP://127.0.0.1:5000

I would love to be able to tune this via Freevo and then record / play
from the stream, because the transmitter has been retuned, an
additional transponder added, and the current signal is too weak even
with a masthead amplifier for my USB TV stick.

Sadly, if I can't receive on the DVB-T stick I'll have to go off to
Myth which I do know can handle the networked tuner.

Liz