Hi,

On 05/19/2013 12:33 AM, Jim Duda wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 846, in emit
>     msg = self.format(record)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 723, in format
>     return fmt.format(record)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 464, in format
>     record.message = record.getMessage()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 328, in getMessage
>     msg = msg % self.args
> TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
> Logged from file main.py, line 97

I do not see any log call in line 97. I guess, it is because you added
additional lines for your debug. But all the debug looks good. Maybe you
added some debug in this line which is broken?

> INFO candy:main(92): imp
> path:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kaa/candy/backend/player
> Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault

I wonder what pygame is doing here? Ah, I guess it is kaa.display having
SDL support (which I guess nobody is usinf anymore). Can you remove the
kaa.display installation just to be sure it is not breaking anything?

For my list I already have:
1. Add a flag to increase debugging to avoid such long mail threads
2. Check why the xrandr stuff (x11.py) is crashing your system
3. Cleanup kaa.display -- maybe move the two files I need to kaa.candy

BTW, what distro are you using?

Regards,

Dischi

--
All bombs with electronic timing devices are fitted with large red
readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.