Hi everyone, I'm Simon, a computer science professor at Washington and Lee
University, focusing on robotics and neuromorphic computing (publications
<https://simondlevy.academic.wlu.edu/publications/>, github
<https://github.com/simondlevy>, youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/user/simondlevy>).  I came across Frege after
looking at various other Haskell-related projects (JHC, AJHC, Ivory,
Haskino, ...) and was thrilled to see how much work you've put into
something that I've only dreamed of attempting myself.

My own interests lie mainly in developing a Frege-like compiler that would
emit no-frills C code instead of Java, focused on tail-recursion and
map/fold, to avoid the need for dynamic memory allocation (and hence
garbage collection).  I feel that such a compiler, though foregoing some of
the powerful features of Haskell/Frege, could bridge the gap between the
elegance and security of Haskell and the need to use C/C++ on
microcontrollers like Arduino (my target platform).  Even after looking
seriously at Rust, I feel that the Haskell-based Frege approach is a better
fit for my needs.

For the time being I'd love to help revive this discussion group and
contribute however I can.  I'll take a look at some of the Rosetta Code
projects and see if there's anything I can contribute in Frege.