James,

I would highly recommend the UChicago/Argonne Agent conference
(http://www.agent2005.anl.gov/) and UCLA's Arrowhead
(http://hcs.ucla.edu/arrowhead.htm). Agent leans slightly more toward modeling
and tools and Arrowhead more toward social theory. Agent has the Netlogo and
RePast workshops while Arrowhead does not. The community is pretty blended so
you'll see the same folks at both. Arrowhead's setting up in the mountains and
shared 3 meals really promotes a lot of interaction. You tend to get to know
people better there.

NAACSOS is a third conference to look at though we haven't participated there
before.
http://www.casos.cs.cmu.edu/events/conferences/2007/

-Steve