Yes, sure, try finding a buyer for the whole pack of ideas built around
modeling the future is a projection from of the past.

Notice that the exact point I sold things was when I was disturbed by the
unusually high rate of price increase being unsustainable.  I didn't wait
for a high rate of price decrease and project that into the future.     I
was reading the curve with the expectation that the future would be
different from the past (having spent decades watching and learning the
signals of when and how).

The problem with projecting from the past is that the future is actually a
diverging processes running into entirely new conditions, and not continuing
processes with random perturbations repeating old conditions.   So the way
to do real forecasting is not juicing up random variables for behaviors that
won't be repeated, but watching the divergences that display the new
behaviors as they develop.

Phil Henshaw