This is more or less aimed at Glen Ropella,

This narcissism issue intrigues me>

I considered a network of agents that are inter-connected to each other with
some type of two way conduits. In one type they gain and the other they must
give. I imagined that each agent could corrupt the demand conduit from
another agent. In effect creating a bubble entity between itself and the
feeder. The bubble would be maintained as long as the incoming resources
were in excess. Now I considered that when the density of agents became
excessive that the individual could no longer afford to maintain so many
connections. The agents would disconnect the bubble (Superficial) and begin
disconnecting outflow of resources while trying to suck up as much as
possible.

I speculated that a large group would disintegrate from within as individual
agents began voluntarily disconnecting from the network while maintaining
the appearance of connectivity. Hence the rise in superficiality in large
societies. So the appearance of cooperation was more important than actual
cooperation.

Now narcissism may give the owner a belief that it is entitled to more
resources or it may simply be a ruse to have others get close enough to feed
upon. Kind of a orchid /fly baiting arrangement. Narcissists return very
little to their communities that is why they seem so despised historically.

But a simple agent capable of managing a distinctive  input and output
stream independently could be  used as a concept. If we included a flawed
value system it would be interesting. For instance the 55 year old divorcee
with a boob job appearing as a candidate sexual partner. Or the 70 year old
balding newsman with sparkling white teeth. So every agent desires sex but
each has its peculiar judgment methods.

By the way Glen I agree with your historical perspective somewhat but have
modified it in my mind to account for forgetfulness. It seems that only
events with very strong negative emotional context are remembered by most.
Even if those events are very rare they outweigh by many factors the
positive rewards of the past. So History and negative emotion are linked.
But actual rewards are dismissed or devalued. In fact real memories are
regularly replaced by fictional negative images. The human brain seems to
care little about veracity in such matters.

I found Net Logo and am little disappointed by the site but not discouraged.
Little by little we gain ground.

Perhaps a survey of Baby Boomers is also warranted. Narcissism may be on the
upswing in all age classes. Narcissism may be an observer defined attribute
rather than an actual behavior. As a teenager I saw girls crowd around
mirrors whenever available. With the development of float glass, mirrors
became very cheap and some people covered their ceilings even Vans with
them. I recall Motels advertising mirrored ceilings for the sex trade along
the Lakeshore in Toronto, it has all vanished now due to urban sprawl. So
perhaps the proliferation of cheap mirrors unleashed narcissism?  Make up,
stockings and underwear used to be  major targets of shoplifting when I was
a young department store worker but I have no idea what interests young
people today perhaps iPhones? The scoundrels I associated with focused on
the early digital calculators and consumer electronics. Higher yields!

My wife used to spend much more time in front of a mirror before we were
married, now that we are separated perhaps she has resumed the narcissistic
pattern?
I avoid mirrors generally.

Glen don't jump to conclusions so quickly.

Dr.Vladimyr Ivan Burachynsky
Ph.D.(Civil Eng.), M.Sc.(Mech.Eng.), M.Sc.(Biology)

120-1053 Beaverhill Blvd.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
CANADA R2J 3R2
(204) 2548321  Phone/Fax