Hi Glen

The reason my points were phrased that way was due to the subject of this
thread.
The "vs." paints holism / reductionism as a black vs white "fight", whereas
there is a
whole spectrum (and not only of grays) in between (and beyond) not
necessarily in
coonflict ("Ebony and Ivory ..").

Just FYI, although I am an engineer (who had no inclination to go into
formal research - I briefly drifted into designing some tiny aspects of
"the engines of war") my interest in complexity is almost entirely driven by
religion / philosophy; Aristotle, Socrates .. Rashevsky, Rosen, etc. with a
focus on transmission of biological information via genetics (and is
unconnected to my.work life) .

Returning to my point (1) - ie "non-computable" biological entities, I
propose that this further reduces to defining if there is actually a limit
to the smallest "bit" of information. For eg, is an electron (or atom)
computable? My rough and ready approach to determining which biological
systems are computable (and dare I say you would have encountered  some
variant of this in your own complexity adventures) abandons mathematical
formalisms entirely (if you know the answer why frame the question) dwells
on the the "reality" of "Man". For, those who say that "Man" is "real" and a
"creation" usually fall within the "computable"camp, whereas those who
favour the "unreality" line would say Man is non-computable..

Your point about mystics/seers (possibly / occasionally) being a few hundred
years ahead of science, is not too far off the mark. In the context of
Zeno's.paradox, extracting even the slightest sliver from the progression
would render the infinite computable,. So when we "measure" it affects
reality (?) and fools (deludes) us into believing that we have "solved"
(computed) the problem. However, I have no problem with such approximate
computation ("pseudo-science") if it delivers some practical application
(sooner rather than later).

Finally, I wonder why Vladymir perceives us to be idealists who put up with
"corruption"

Sarbajit