Dear Owen,

I would like to disagree with some aspects of your post

The one deep issue which goes out clearly from Steve Job's essay is
that Apple is deeply against "cross platform" applications.

As I mentioned in an earlier post the only time I''ve ever used an
Apple software product is a really sh***ty piece of software called
Itunes which was so resource heavy on my Win-tel PC (a-ha cross
platform) that I've thrown their hardware (Ipod Shuffle) away.

If they can't design a simple, light-weight easily interfaced AUDIO
hardware / software player (which every Chinaman in the business can)
, Apple has no business trying to sabotage a robust and pervasive
INTERNATIONAL "video standard" which has powered equally iconic brands
like Youtube etc.

CoI disclaimer: Adobe has a significant engineering presence in India,
 whereas Apple ran away after 2 months when they discovered Indians
were disinclined to buy their junk.