How is selective breeding / clustering to optimise particular traits in
chickens any different from endogamous human clusters / societies? In India
for eg. the endgamous caste and sub-caste systems have been in place for
millenia to ensure genetic optimisation and perpetuation of a few
"desirable" traits. My mother will be comforted to learn this has been
confirmed by experiments on chickens. Previously all Bengali Brahmins had to
rely on were encyclopedias / papers like this
[1<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1a1_%28Y-DNA%29>]
to confirm that "we" are bred to perpetuate an "R1a1" gene. <rol>

Sarbajit

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-sloan-wilson/truth-and-reconciliation_b_

http://www.refdoc.fr/?traduire=en&FormRechercher=submit&FormRechercher_Tx

http://home.earthlin