I have followed the correspondence on enhanced scanning with usual mixture of
shock and incredulity.   Do people object because it’s offensive or because
it’s ineffective?   It would be unpleasant but, for me, unpleasanter to be
blown up by a device that had avoided the enhanced scanner.   But I haven’t
enough info to make any definitive judgment.   In particular on two matters.
It seems that new bomb compounds can be concealed by flesh masses in exotic
parts of the body without detection by the old scanners.   I thought that the
Xmas underwear bomber had proved this. It seems that old folk, handicapped
people, children and infants are ideal subjects for planted bombs, with no
adverse fall-out for the Bad Hats if detected. In this wicked world the
innocent are always punished.

If correct this is pretty awful news.

The strategy is for a bomber to finesse that he’d be directed through the old
system, pass and end up undetected on his planned flight.   If an enhanced scan
is required, then he should avoid this by all means while offering to take the
old, ineffectual scan, and withdraw, undetected, unidentified and with his
powder dry, to try again another day.

In such circumstances he should behave like a gullible but superior person
(e.g. a Friamer) and behave with all the histrionics necessary for the
exasperated TSA to simply tell him to get lost.   So this dramatic response,
that some objectors seem to have chosen, and others to approve of, would make
the objector highly suspect, and rightly so.

Peter Lissaman, Da Vinci Ventures

Expertise is not knowing everything, but knowing what to look for.

1454 Miracerros Loop South, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505,USA
tel:(505)983-7728