Yeah, name-dropping, I know, but the truth.   I actually discussed that fluid
mechanics puzzle with Dick Feynman, in the nude, in a hot tub!   How could one
be more open?   It was about a “reversal paradox”, where you pump fluid down a
swirl pipe one way and a rotor turns, but when you reverse the flow direction
the rotation does not.   I was able to correct Dick on the subject, simply
because I had actually needed the answer for a wind turbine, thunk a gedanken
experiment and then validated the conclusions theoretically.     (Yuss, Newton
appeared, but not in the tub!)

Dick, a very open-minded guy, agreed, was delighted to be corrected and then
proceeded to make advances at my wife, which was about par for an evening in
leafy Pasadena in those days.

Peter Lissaman, Da Vinci Ventures

Expertise is not knowing everything, but knowing what to look for.

1454 Miracerros Loop South, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505,USA
tel:(505)983-7728