Hello,
I really like the idea of a referral to an excellent book, or a even
better, a specific chapter or short paper explaining an already solved
problem. Its likely that a talented author has explain the idea or
phenomenon more concisely then anyone on the list would have time to
present.

Though, It is really nice when someone does all the work of reading,
understand, and summarizing a subject or topic for you, its a bit of a
burden to place on someone. It certainly should not be "expected", and
when given should be received with gratitude.

That being said, I'm wondering what are the active topics and open
problems in philosophy, and where is progress being made, in the 21st
century?

Greg Sonnenfeld

"Junior programmers create simple solutions to simple problems. Senior
programmers create complex solutions to complex problems. Great
programmers find simple solutions to complex problems. The code
written by topnotch programmers may appear obvious, once it is
finished, but it is vastly more difficult to create."