Does this apply to Google Groups as well ;^)

How to make people feel they are part of a Group...

If they collectively decide to cover up a crime through willful blindness then they establish some certainty that they belong.

Groups seem to demand that individuals Believe the unBelievable. It seems that some human beings have the capacity to smooth out ethical contradictions by simply choosing to live in another reality. When many people choose to live in the same delusion they are effectively a Group.

There seems to be a belief that Groups can exonerate the individual through Magic and Amnesia. The recent news of sexual crimes in Penn State reinforce this perspective.

The Group seems able to deny it's crimes while selecting a scapegoat to carry their burdens. Groups seem much stronger when Criminality is involved even though each individual denies it's existence. The Group might be nothing more than a psychological construct to absorb Guilt and at a high price.

Groups seem to choose Noble leaders to establish a pretense of heroicism and much later dispose of the leader along with the memory of their individual crimes

This seems characteristic of much current political drama. Reluctant scapegoats fight tooth and nail to avoid the demand to be sacrificed for the good people.

The Group has a fantastic attribute of Goodness which disguises the Dark side of perversity. People mostly use this contradiction to satisfy their own problems.

I would have thought that as our population increases that corruption would prevail, however there do seem to be indications that many are bucking the trend.

Groups seem very well devised to exclude individuals that have questionable ethics. These Groups have inadvertantly created their own nemesis.

The history of confronting corruption is dismal overall. Managers seem particularly prone to Group Think and demonstrate that they are absolutely convinced that they can ignore all legal responsibility for individual acts. Society still is unprepared to prosecute Group Think in all its devilish rationalizations.

The lack of meaningful leadership globally is perhaps due to so many living I a delusional state of mind where someone else will always end up being scapegoated.

At least Pontius Pilot tried to wash his own hands.

Vladimyr Ivan Burachynsky PhD

vbur...@shaw.ca <mailto:vbur...@shaw.ca>

120-1053 Beaverhill Blvd.

Winnipeg,Manitoba, R2J3R2