Hello,

I had also called up our congressman about SOPA/PIPA and asked him to
support OPEN instead. Have the senators supporting the bills reversed?

My feeling is that when someone uses the term "free", "equality", ( in
engineering - "robust", "optimal", etc.) It must always be applied
with respects to something. I assume the congressman means "free" with
respects to "entry into the marketplace", essentially against rent
seeking, barriers to entry, etc.

I've always found this particularly annoying in political cases
applying "equality", where capitalist and communist systems apply it
to different parameters (opportunity vs. wealth distribution ).

Greg Sonnenfeld

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be
sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”