We (the Santa Fe Go Club) are using a QR code on our tournament flyers to allow folks to immediately access the online registration system.  One of our players (thanks Cody) was able to make a generator that used go stones:

GoClubsOnline

It codes the URL http://goclubs.org.  (Note: it is not a legal board position - not even close - and rather larger than our normal 19x19 boards.)
Robert C