Dear Glen

Insofar as Ayurvedic medicines go, these would be good starting points.

http://www.ccimindia.org/

Informally, Ayurvedic ("herbal") medicine works for low level (common)
ailments but perhaps not at the efficiency / success levels of
allopathic systems. They are best viewed as complementary traditional
treatments to allopathy with reduced/lower side effects (for example
treatments of the common cough / cold) .

Sarbajit