On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 11:06:36PM -0700, Steve Smith wrote:
> Nick -
>
> I recently read (probably in Russell's work or in one of the
> references it took me to (Tegmark?)) a quote that "complexity is a
> quality, not a quantity" (attributed to whom?).

Could be me, but if so its been misquoted. I distinguish complexity as
a quality versus complexity as a quantity in the paper "Concept and
Definition of Complexity"*, which I originally wrote for an
encyclopedia article, which was eventually canned when the editor gave
up due to time pressures, and was later revived as a book chapter.

*Almost all my papers are available in full text, linked from my
website (see below).

Principal, High Performance Coders