I only had 2 years of very large lectures freshman and sophomore years
of college.  My k12 and the rest of college consisted mostly of your
(2), varying degrees of personal relationships with teachers.

My (3) was limited because I'm a kook and don't play well with others.
But the few peers I did interact with became lifelong teachers to me.
I'm still friends with most of them.

Frankly, I get very little out of lectures.  If it's not interactive and
exploratory, it's largely wasted on me.  The only reason I survived my
1st two college years was because my high school classes covered much of
that material and I was too chicken to try to test out of those classes.
 There was a horrifying bridge period the second half of my second year
in college and much of my third year that tested my resolve.  I did very
poorly.  Then it picked up quite a bit when I started taking classes
where thought was valued over testing skills.

--
=><= glen e. p. ropella
I came up from the ground, i came down from the sky,