I read the first half of their tutorial last night. I looks that they have
attacked one of the weak points of C++ in a componentized world -- making sure
that pointers don't outlive the object they are pointing to, even when passed
to unknown (at compile time) functions and marshaled to other processes. The
smart pointers that Mozilla uses help, but there is no static checking, and
crashes and memory leaks are a big problem in development.

It will be interesting when Rust moves out into the wider world, if it does.

--Barry