Yesterday I asked this
question<http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/61542/how-do-forces-work?noredirect=1#comment123788_61542>on
StackExchange: physics.

Is there a mechanistic-type explanation for how forces work? For example,
two electrons repel each other. How does that happen? Other than saying
that there are force fields that exert forces, how does the electromagnetic
force accomplish its effects. What is the interface/link/connection between
the force (field) and the objects on which it acts. Or is all we can say is
that it just happens: it's a physics primitive?

So far, there haven't been any answers that feel satisfying--although,
please look at them yourselves. One of the comments pointed to a 7 1/2
minute video by Feynman, in which he talks around the problem before
finally saying he can't provide an intuitive explanation. I don't think it
was one of his better efforts. Does anyone on this list have an answer?

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  My paper on how the Fed can fix the economy: ssrn.com/abstract=1977688*
*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
  Google+: plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/
*  vita:  *sites.google.com/site/russabbott/
  CS Wiki <http://cs.calstatela.edu/wiki/> and the courses I teach