However, sometimes the people you think are independent contractors
actually aren't (determined by audit or by filing a request with the IRS
and/or your state).  As I understand it, if these people are determined
to be employees, then you are an employer and the rules about providing
health insurance plans for part- and/or full-time employees apply to
you, whether or not you've incorporated.

On 12/06/2013 06:34 AM, Robert J. Cordingley wrote:
> IMHO. You would presumably be doing business as a sole proprietor and
> not as a corporation and would hire them as independent contractors,
> then I think the answer is no, because their contract will bestow no
> employment benefits.  But I am not an attorney, so I'd consult my local
> friendly employment lawyer.
> Robert C
>
> On 12/5/13 11:26 PM, Russ Abbott wrote:
>> This (finally) leads to the question I want to ask.  Let's assume that
>> I as an individual hire 500 people to work for me. I do not
>> incorporate; I just hire them individual to individual. Does anyone
>> know if the law requires me to provide health insurance for them?

glen ep ropella -- 971-255-2847