On 02/18/2014 07:49 PM, Owen Densmore wrote:
It's true, atoms are still faster than bits.  By a LOT!

http://what-if.xkcd.com/31/

I don't know... Have the same numbers been crunched accounting for the robustness of internet traffic? The linked Cisco page (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/ip-ngn-ip-next-generation-network/white_paper_c11-481360.html) doesn't seem to talk about overhead traffic. Maybe I missed it.

If we did ship SD cards, we'd have to include the amount of time it takes to create an equal number of backup SD cards just in case of ... say, a 30-car pileup due to an errant polar vortex ... and include the amount of time it took to re-ship that "packet". ;-)

--
glen ep ropella -- 971-255-2847