So... Delusions are very common and make up the bulk of frenetic Human
Activity.
Since so few know which Delusions may turn out to be falsifiable, they must
resort to a dirty trick.
 They  defend every delusion with denial: should the truth remain , they
then resort to threat of violence and when overwhelmed by
the inescapable truth they fight to the death or someone else's.

Paris seems to have become the latest battleground in the war of Delusions.
I place my bets on the French; they  appear to have more discipline and a
greater ability to think ahead.
Maybe some delusions are more mature than others.
Time, trial and error improves the operation of delusions. Eventually they
may improve or evolve to the degree that they become
Science. The French have historically significantly more practise than most.
No one gets it right the first time, that is why memory is so critical.
So the ultimate goal of terrorism is not to kill all of it's critics but to
make as many as possible afraid to act.
The goal is pacification/passivity. Acquiescence to a delusion, suspension
of disbelief, perhaps?
So mocking a delusion is certainly a dangerous act requiring great bravery
or blind stupidity.
Perhaps there is a metric for Delusion rather than Truth since the former is
entirely Human and the latter is indifferent to our wishes.
vib