Steve, yes, thanks for this heads up about the arrival of Eric's and Harold
Morowitz' book.  I have been intrigued about and anticipating this book's
arrival ever since watching those videos you shared with the forum last
April presenting Eric's talk at the Aspen Institute on the (chemical)
origins of life (metabolisms?).  This, by the way, was your post within the
"Origins of Life" thread started by Nick Thompson, then introducing the
arrival of Nick Lane's book *THE VITAL QUESTION: Energy, evolution, and the
origins of complex life*.

Eric, I hope to be eventually mingled among those readers of your book who
can *try *to add "value" by way of subsequent discussions, writings, or
(science) blogging. The origins of life--especially, in the context of
homeostasis, which seems to me to be a fundamental universal principle--is
a mesmerizing and attractive (though, not well understood) topic for me
personally and I appreciate authors such as yourself who  bring new
research to us for consideration and education. For example, I have been on
several note-taking strolls through the *Evolving Planet *exhibit at the
Field Museum in Chicago.  Perhaps, your book will help set the stage better
for the time when organic life emerged on a hot, infant Earth. šŸ˜Ž  I wish
you the best for its reception among the trained geochemists and lay
public.

Not sure, but I think I am the culprit who, yesterday, unintentionally
renamed the local Collected Works bookstore "Collective Works."  In the
immortal word of Rick Perry, "Oops."  šŸ˜Š

Cheers,

Robert