Hey Glen,

Yes, on the first issue with respect to the Axiom of Choice, I think the
word "choice" there does not map one-for-one to the same word used in
probability theory. I think the two concepts are mutually exclusive, but
this may be beyond my "pay grade" to worry or talk about. 🤐

However, I can most certainly see your point about the beneficial
relationship between measurement theory and probability theory. The notion
sigma algebra is spot on, especially for the mathematics of theoretical
probability. Even though I may be considered an old dog professionally, I
can still resonate with Grant's notion of probability spaces as well.  It's
all good!

You know, I can still have fun while simultaneously being lost in the
forest. This has been fun!  Thanks for letting me play in the sandbox ... 😊

Cheers