OK.  I'm sure everyone's tired of my emails by now (and my sim's almost
finished).  So this is the last for today.

I have to consider what you say below in the context of the "manipulationist"
conception of causality.  You can't sit in the back fo the class watching and
making sense.  By manipulationism, you must measure, interfere, and measure
again in order to claim any sort of soundness.  Of course, you may not have to
do the manipulating directly.  A good team of people, some of which enjoy
interfering (extroverts) combined with some who enjoy only the data reduction
and analysis ... along with a few "gatekeepers" who can do a little of both ...
is ideal.

--
☣ glen