Right here in River City (well, mostly California, but throughout the US) the 1930's "Mexican Repatriation Act" deported on the order of 1-2M US Citizens because of their ethnicity (along with a smaller number of non-Citizens more recently immigrated from Mexico), qualifying for our modern definition of "ethnic cleansing".

Kyi's Nobel prize is 15 years old.  Is she far enough out of touch with the realities of her country to not actually KNOW the difference between a pogrom being executed by her military/people and a "righteous" effort to deal with a real terrorist problem?   No reason to believe a Nobel prize magically puts you above such behaviours I guess!