On 09/20/2017 09:10 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Maybe, but if I could run 40 miles per hour
> <https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/11/02/mark-wahlberg-six-billion-dollar-man-2017/75047226/>,
>  or began to develop an electric organ, I'm pretty sure I'd start to exercise
> those capabilities.  And if she could jump 10 feet in the air instead of 4,
> she'd soon be doing it.   [Hmm, maybe I should get a trampoline?]

Another good point.  But it's explained by imperfect and/or exploratory control
over one's extensions.  I often meet people who see what I do to workout
(including hanging upside down from a bar and some weird wrist-breaking
exercises) and they respond like "Well, that's great but I would/could never do
such a thing."  They have various reasons.  But when/if I get a chance to show
them how to ease into weird things *safely*, they soon learn that, YES, their
legs will bend that way, too.  They just have to *try*.  The same is true of my
cats.  I'm constantly showing the unathletic pudgy one that she, too, can
balance on that skinny limb like the others do naturally.

Some of us are just more exploratory with our extensions.  I suspect that's a
"unit" of selection as well.

--
☣ gⅼеɳ