I do not know if Alan Kay created the term object in the context of
programming  but he was a pioneer of OOP when created Smalltalk. These are
few paragraphs where Kay is cited in relation to the term object and
concept is explained.

https://www.yegor256.com/2017/12/12/alan-kay-was-wrong.html

Felicidades para todos.