Thanks a LOT Gil/Glen, NOW I'm thirsty for beer, and have been since I read it soon after you posted.

Good writing & delivery as you noted, would we call this some kind of Beer Rebus?

I do love the craft brew movement, but have to admit that my fridge has the remnants of a Shiner variety pack in it.  I do love me the Alien Amber, but only on tap... with Shiner Bock being my best substitute in a bottle.  I feel a tad guilty every time I buy a 12 of Shiner, what being it a product of the nominally uber-conservative state of Texas.  Of course, I have not a clue of the politics of the people making money from it's sale.  I do try to align my purchases (especially luxury goods) with my belief systems (if not outright politics) but it is surprising how often I realize I've lapsed in that awareness.