"3D enough"? My guess is you already know all this. But just in case ... I
would have guessed it would be easy enough in Blender (e.g.
https://youtu.be/AlPPYkZg9D4). But I suppose it depends on how much automation you
expect. SketchUp and AutoDesk should do something more automatic. But automation
kinda-sorta implies quantification. So you should expect to specify your 2D→3D
extrapolation in some more algorithmic way.