Four indicted over ‘appalling’ theft of body parts from Harvard Medical School
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jun/15/stolen-body-parts-harvard-medical-school

There's so much embedded in the culture behind this story. I love how
"appalling" is in scare quotes. 8^D Is it appalling? Really?

Everyone's SOOOOO worried about AI, climate change, long-termist stuff. But, sheesh. It's
not even slightly appalling. We have nazis roaming the streets with AR15s, people selling
human tissue to boutique curiosity shops, billionaires buying and selling our trigger
happy feelings, etc. When I heard that Treat Williams died in a bike crash at 71, I first
thought maybe I should quit riding my bike ... Then I thought, "hell yes! that's a
great way to die". I need to ride it more, much more, and in dangerous places like
switch back forest roads on the sides of mountains. You'd *have* to be a billionaire to
want to live forever given this culture.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam