Yeah, Sutter triggered me when he said "but you don't have to worry about that if
you don't know what an integral is". I mean ... maybe? This stuff is like heroin to
an addict, right? Models upon models upon models. And not just in a simple stack, but a
hairball heterarchy of metaphor.

You kinda do need to know what an integral is, right? I mean ... [sigh] ... I
guess that's a rabbit hole, too. The only way you can understand what an
integral *is* (not merely those pesky aspects like what a particular type of
integration is *good for* ... noooooo, we don't need to know that, we're after
the *essence* of integration) is to use it to do work. To understand
integration, you must integrate some particular thing over some particular
domain.

That same principle ("What I can't create, I don't understand.") applies to
Action ... and brewing ... and cleaning your carburetor. You will never understand
carburetors until you *use* carburetors to do some particular thing ... like drive across
the country in broken down jalopy.

I feel like there's an analogy waiting to be made between [mal|mis|dis]information and the
popularization of [physics|math|biology]. Books like Thiel's "The Straussian Moment" seem
similar to books like Kaku's "Quantum Supremacy". And the category they compose seems
similar to arm-chair opining on:

• foreign affairs like Prigozhin's mutiny,
• epidemiology like the origins of SARS-CoV-2, and
• deep sea physics and the Titan submersible.

I've probably mentioned this before. But I learned a new word awhile back:
ultracrepidarian cf https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutor,_ne_ultra_crepidam.
Yes, I'm as guilty as the next shoemaker. But sometimes it's good to simply
stay in one's lane, at least until you've done some homework.

Just to complete the arc of this rant, am I crazy for getting a distinct Cult Prophet
vibe circa 13:39 in the video: https://youtu.be/UuqpCBZoX3M?t=819 ? When Sutter says,
with cadence envied by every budding preacher in every small town church across the
country: "The Least Action Principle is a generator of Physics. The Least Action
Principle is a Creator of Physics. It is a Mother Principle that allows Physicists to
generate Laws of Physics and Equations of Motion. It's . right . there. Folks you can
write down a Lagrangian ..." I mean, that's some good ole down home fever-eyed
preachin' right there. Reminds me of Keith Raniere of the NXIVM sex cult.

Do you see it?!?! Do you?!? It's right there! The Secret
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(Byrne_book)> to the universe.